Study tips also in the top 10 style 😉 Funny that I’ve only coming up with list many years after stopping studies & re-starting again to take masters. Still hopefully this helps someone out there. I wish there was a list like these many years back. So here I try!
10. Study during your peak energy level time(s) (yawn)
9. Studying just before sleeping (somehow) helps retention
8.1. Read up or at least skim through before the class. It helps to be able to focus on processing what the lecturer is saying rather than trying to process alien Greek.
8.2. Read up or at least briefly review after the class. Best way to non-study study.
7. Group studies if that’s your thing (and you have the discipline) & quick bite notes.
5. Quickly run through the reading/chapter once. No need to re-read any sections even if you don’t understand all of it. Then only read thoroughly & highlight/underline all the key facts
4. Books (that you own) are meant to be written, notation & scribbled on. Doodling is bad. Unless you’re doing art.
3. Reward yourself on a job well done (How & when? Depends on how deep your/parents pockets are & How much you can delay instant gratification)
2. Get enough sleep (and you get to live longer too). 7-8 hours no matter whether you’re 16 or 60.
1. If you have a choice, study something you are truly interested in. The same as working, studying is hours of fun if you love the subject!
(Yes I know there are actually eleven tips) Any other excellent study trips that you’d like to add smart alley-cat? 😉